||UNIX, Apache Web Server administration, Networking Administration,
C programming, Perl and Perl DBI, SQL, UNIX
Script Language, HTML. PHP, Introduction to Java and C++.
||Unix, Linux, BSDI, DOS, Windows, NT
||PageMaker, PhotoShop, GIF Animation, POV Raytracing
Art Skills, hardware troubleshooting, PC Installation, Scanning
Apache Administration, IP Setup.
|Febuary 2000 - Present
|| Brooklyn Linux Solutions -
Consulting IT services and Computer Education
- Education - Adult computer training at CUNY and other venues.
- Internet Development with Apache and perl for small businesses.
- Linux based networking infalstructure for secretarial pools
- DNS, MYSQL, email, NFS, and SAMBA setup for small businesses
- Specialized internet database reporting for educational facilities
- Document tracking developement for medical facilities
|September 2000 - November 2000
||Scalable Technologies -
Senior Web Designer and Project Manager.
- Oversee the set-up of newly formed technical infrastructure.
- Lead back end and front end tools development written in PHP, on Apache.
- Installed system network, DNS and pack forwarding.
- Wrote user administration tools and Human Resource modules for clients.
|March 1999 - Present
||The New School -
Teach Perl and Web Technologies in the continuing education program
|May 1998 - September 2000
||New York University -
Manager of Intranet and Software Development
and Project Manager.
- Wrote numerous database driven Web programs using DBI, ModPerl and Perl.
- Installed and imported the clinical database to Oracle On Red Hat Linux.
- Ported an Intranet Site from a Windows95
environment to Unix, fixing links using SED and Perl.
- Ported a DOS medical
database from a flat binary Database to MYSQL RDMS using Perl. As the old
database is still being used live, the port has to be repeated on a daily
- Fixed large amounts of bad data.
- Combined it's 5 directories of data
because it originally had a maximum of 32,000 patients. All five database
binaries had to be combined into one MYSQL Database.
- Designed the new schema
and built a front end for the over 3,000,000 transactions using CGI techniques
- Installed Apache on Linux while building modules and perl extensions.
- Instructed co-workers in the basics
of Unix administration, while creating a secure web server.
- Automated the data import to be
pooled daily using CRON over IPX from production servers.
|Dec 1994 - Present
||Jewish Billboard and Brooklyn on Line - Web Site Administrator
and Page Creator.
- Performed webpage creation skills including
CGI writing in C and Perl.
- Currently developing a Shopping Cart with client
side administration, and accounting tools.
- Extensive use of Perl and
MYSQL on a BSDI OS.
(http://www.wynn.com/jewish and http://www.brooklynonline) .
|July 1997 - December 1997
- Establish an Intranet with the Apache
- Supported about 25 machines on an intranet with Windows Clients and
a UNIX Server.
- Designed and replaced various windows based document
management programs which were constraining the corporations ability for
web based technology.
- Wrote several Perl CGI's to parse our production
label database into CGI - Netscape output. This eased label
design. It permitted the use of Pagemaker to work with the specialized
Zebra Bar-code printers over the UNIX print server.
- Worked with Fox Pro
2.6a and a Database product called TRO to support and helped develop a
Purchasing database on Windows 3.11 and Novel.
- Installed and supported
all cooperate software, Photo Shop, Pagemaker, Scanning techniques, Word,
|June 1995 - June 1997
||Medical Arts - Part-time Pharmacist
|Sept 1995 - Feb 1996
||Graduate Student Professor at LIU College of Pharmacy in
|Sept 1984 - 1996
||Karson Pharmacy - Full and Part-time Pharmacist.
|1981 - 1987
||US ARMY - Honorable discharge
DBA training - System Configuration, SQL Plus, PL/SQL
|Sept - Jan 1998
||NYU: C++ and Unix Programming
|April - Oct 1996
||Cope Institute: Programming course in UNIX Programming,
Shell Scripting, SQL, embedded SQL in C and Oracle.
|Sep 1995 - Feb 1996
||LIU: Fellowship and Ph.D. candidate for Pharmaceutics.
|Jan 1983 - Sept 1988
||LIU Brooklyn Campus: Graduate of Pharmacy
|Interests and Hobbies
||Birds and Parrots, Art History, Local History, Jazz, NYC, Writing, Teaching Perl and HTML